What is US scan?
US scan widely use to examine internal organs and to look at various organs in the body. The US images created by sending and receiving high frequency sound waves into the body using a special transducer. Unlike x rays, ultrasound does not expose you to radiation.
General Preparation Instructions for US scan:
- To confirm your appointment 48 hours prior.
- To arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- To bring along all your recent radiological films and reports.
Special Preparation Instruction for specific US examination:
1. US Breasts
- No fasting required.
- Special instruction post Covid vaccination: Recommendation after 6 weeks of Covid vaccination (If indicated).
- Fasting for minimum of 4 hours prior to the scan.
- Can drink plain water.
- Example of the scan organs: liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas and kidneys.
- To drink plenty of plain water to fill up your bladder prior to the scan.
- Full bladder is required prior to scan.
- Example of the scan organs: For Female (Ovaries, Uterus, bladder), for Male (Bladder, Prostate gland)